Though I'm going to hold off on a full race report until we get the full rundown of the results (still waiting on the MWCCC), I'd like to let all of you know that our club's first race of the season was EXTREMELY successful.
Not only did all of our racers cross the finish line upright, unhurt, and only mostly waterlogged, more than half of the team finished in the top 50% of their division. Racers Matt Demarest (Men's D) and Audra Horomanski (Women's C) finished in 5th with Matt out-sprinting his pack and Audra rolling across the finish line after leading her group to the top of every climb. Eric Young (Men's D) took home 9th after helping pull along the group, and Kevin Steiner (Men's C) initiated and lead a serious break (no kidding, he jumped at 42 mph and then pulled the break along at something like 30 mph for nearly a mile) and took 13th. Ryan Pierce (Men's D) finished 23th, after just barely sprinting past the only remaining rider in his 10-man chase group, but was unable to reel in the remaining members of Matt and Eric's pack. Evan Maynard (Men's D), who was plagued with mechanical issues in the beginning of the race, finished strong, but was unable to connect with a chase group. New members Tyler Young and Eric Silverman (both Men's D) put in a serious effort and crossed the finish line feeling good to have raced, but certainly tired and undoubtedly cold.
As soon as I get the formal results from MWCCC (and maybe some quotes from our racers!) I'll write up an extended race report. Saturday was one hell of a race, and I know we're all glad to have participated!
Congrats to everyone! Sounds like the team had a great time and hopefully we can keep up the good results at the next couple of races!
ReplyDelete